UPDATE: We've hired Comms Manager in October 2018
Working under META’s CEO and mentored by its Digital Transformation Manager, the successful candidate will help implement our ambitious marketing, communications and sales strategies, as well as support the communications activities of its many European, national and regional projects.
- content marketing and social media
- managing, writing and editing website content, enewsletters, publications, speeches, presentations and reports
- contributing to marketing, communication and sales strategy development
- communications metric monitoring and analyses
The successful candidate will grow with our company.
Training will be provided to develop your management and coordination skills.
Critical Skills and Experience
The candidate ideally has a marketing/communications degree, and must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in
writing and editing content (blog posts, news articles, speeches, reports, presentations,
etc.) to ‘native English’ quality.
Please provide links to online examples of your writing work.
- At least some experience with
promoting content: content marketing, social media engagement, content boosting, etc.
Initiative and a goal-oriented attitude, the ability to work without constant supervision and to learn fast
Useful Knowledge and Skills
Your application should highlight all of your communications skills, wherever possible providing examples (with metrics) of successful communications campaigns.
In particular, highlight any of the following knowledge, experience and skills:
- EU Commission programmes, particularly Horizon 2020, Regional Funds and ESIF
- Website and enewsletter management experience
- Sector-specific knowledge, particularly in innovation management, startup development, scientific/technical fields, etc.
- Online community management
- Design and/or audiovisual skills
- Event management
- Experience in coordinating a team, and/or working simultaneously within multiple projects and teams
- Project management and subcontractor management experience
- Metric monitoring and analysis
- Language abilities other than English
How to Apply
Please send your 1-page letter of motivation and CV to
Mathew Lowry, with Subject: "Application: Communications Manager, Brussels".
What META Offers
The successful candidate will be trained on the job to implement and manage communications for META and its projects.
In the process, you will learn about all aspects of META's mission: managing venture capital funds, mentoring entrepreneurs, supporting startups and helping governments, Institutions, regions and cities around the world foster more of them ...