The recently launched IP Booster is a new specialised professional IP service for Public Research Organisations looking to realise value from their research results. These services are provided by META Group and ClearViewIP experts, who will guide them towards the best intellectual property strategy, at no cost, and fully supported by the European Commission.
Carefully selected IP, technology and business strategy experts will work together with the applicants to ensure that high-quality research has the best chance of achieving commercial success.
The first call was launched on February 6 and the term to receive applications will be open until March 6.
IP Booster will offer 5 different services, designed to fit the specific public research organisation's needs.
- Determine what type and what amount of IP protection is needed for the project's intellectual assets
- Design a patent landscape to clearly identify which commercialisation pathways are best
- Conduct a thorough due diligence assessing the quantity and quality of IP assets generated by a project and estimate their future value
- Prepare project's patent, design and trademark applications
- Provide advice and support in negotiating technology transfer agreements
Public Research Organisations can choose which service is most relevant for them on the application form, or benefit from all five services.
More information and eligibility criteria are available at the website. You will need your PRO's PIC code to register, you can find it easily here.