META provides a range of services to help research/technology organisations, individual scientists and EU research projects become more entrepreneurial and better use their results.
META has been helping research teams prepare and implement their project's exploitation strategies for over 20 years. We work before, during and after research projects, helping teams:
- design research funding proposals so the resulting project is more market-oriented
- prepare and then implement their project's exploitation strategies.
META's experience led to our selection as exclusive supplier of research exploitation consultancy services to EC research projects via the EC's Common Exploitation Booster and SSERR frameworks contracts. We also run the FET2RIN project, which provides similar services to researchers in the EC's Future & Emerging Technologies research programme.
"In the final meeting we got to
actually present our pitch
in front of real investors"
Some early impressions from the FET2RIN project, which helps 'blue sky researchers' working in the EC's Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) Programme prepare for market.
How we help
Key services include:
- Market potential evaluation
- Innovation and maturity analysis: how innovative is the research, and how mature are the results?
- Business and legal consultancy: structuring the business idea and ensuring legal protection to bring it to market efficiently
- Team and competency analysis: what does the project need from each partner?
Do you need help transferring research results into products and services on the market? Get in touch.
- Project: Common Exploitation Booster – participants in EC-supported research access META's consultancy and training services free of charge via this framework contract to help them exploit their research results;
- Project: SSERR – the Support Services for Exploitation of Research Results framework contract is similar to Common Exploitation Booster, but focused specifically on energy research projects;
- Project: FET2RIN - focused on helping EC-supported Future and Emerging Technology projects reach the market
- Story: How to "pitch" research results (LinkedIn blog)